Thursday, August 20, 2009

Spicy Pork Roast

I got this recipe from my mom. We have been making this for many years! I find it easiest to make in the crockpot. Had this ready for my parents and Karen when they came last week.

Spicy Pork Roast

1 (3 lb) boned pork loin
1 garlic clove, cut in half
2 c. sugar
1 c. water
1 c. vinegar
2 T. chopped green pepper(opt)
1 t. dry mustard
1 t. soy sauce
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
4 t. cornstarch
2 t. paprika
2 T. chopped parsley

Preheat oven to 450. Rub pork loin all over with cut ends of garlic. Roast in shallow pan 30 minutes or until brown. Mix sugar, water, vinegar, green pepper, mustard, soy sauce, salt and pepper in saucepan and boil gently for 5 minutes. Mix cornstarch with 2 T water to make a smooth paste. Add to sugar mixture and cook over low heat, stirring until thickened. Add paprika and parsley. Pour sauce over pork. Lower oven to 300 and bake 2 hours longer. Serve with sauce as a gravy.

****I almost always do this in the crock pot. I don't brown the meat...just put it in the crockpot, boil the sugar mixture and pour over roast. Cook on low 8-10 hours and the meat will fall apart. I also use any pork roast 3-5 pounds. We have never put the green pepper in. I have also used garlic salt in place of the garlic clove.

No comments:

Post a Comment