Thursday, August 13, 2009

Super Summer Surprise Cake

My parents and sister came from WI this week. They brought 2 bushels of beans for me to can. I got 49 qts and had enough left to roast for 3 meals. Now my canning shelves are full again!

We made this this weekend and had it last night. It was quite refreshing in the heat. I got the recipe from Holly Adzima Chapin.

Super Summer Surprise Cake

12-pack ice cream sandwiches
1 large carton of Cool Whip
Hershey's chocolate syrup
2 large Butterfingers
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Spread a layer of ice cream sandwiches across the bottom of a cake tin. Spread Cool Whip on top. Crumble Butterfingers, and spread over Cool Whip. Drizzle chocolate on top and sprinkle with pecans. Put in freezer for a couple of hours to harden, then cut into squares and serve. This is so satisfying!

No comments:

Post a Comment