Sunday, September 6, 2009

Cube Steaks in the crockpot

I had some cube steak in the freezer and went out on the internet looking for a recipe. I combined two that I found and put them in the crockpot. These were good and tender. I first made this in Feb of 2002. I made these again this past week....I think they need some other seasoning. They were good, but needed something!

Cube Steaks in the crockpot

Cube steaks
1 onion chopped,
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 can of water
Garlic (I used minced)
Oregano
Salt and pepper
1 can of mushrooms

Chop onion, put in crockpot along with water and mushrooms. Layer cube steaks and season with seasonings. Add soup to the top. Cook on low for 7-10 hours. I made gravy(pureed the onion and mushrooms so the kids would eat it) and served it with mashed potatoes. One recipe said to serve over egg noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment