Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Freezer Breakfast Burritos

I got this recipe/idea from the blog Real Mom Kitchen. I modified it for our family. The girls and I made them this past weekend so we have something easy to pull out for breakfasts.


Freezer Breakfast Burritos
scrambled eggs
1 lb bulk sausage, cooked--I added 1 can green chilies to this.
cheddar cheese, shredded
hash browns, cooked with minced garlic
flour tortillas
bacon, cooked
onions, chopped
Warm tortillas in microwave 20-30 seconds or until warm and flexible. Place small amount of all ingredients you like on a tortilla and roll up like a burrito.

Freeze burritos in single layer on a cookie sheet. When fully frozen (in about 1 hour) place burritos in large zip-top freezer bag; freeze.
TO SERVE: Wrap in a paper towel. Defrost for 30 seconds. Cook in microwave until heated through (about 1 minute).
***Beth's notes: My girls don't like eggs, so they just made some with bacon, onions, cheese and hashbrowns. I made some with 'the works' We didn't add salsa because I wasn't sure how that would freeze--that is why I added green chilies to the sausage. Chorizo would be good in here, too.
Next time we will use burrito sized tortillas....ours were too small.

No comments:

Post a Comment