Monday, October 5, 2009

Graham Cracker Caramel Crisps

I made these for a fellowship I had on Wed. Excellent tasting and everyone liked them. They are super easy to make. I got them off of Taste of home website from NavygrammyTX. She said she thought they would be good with drizzled chocolate, so we did that.


Graham Cracker Caramel Crisps

12 double graham crackers
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1/4 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup almonds, sliced
1 cup coconut, flaked
Heat oven to 350*F. Line 15x10x1 jelly roll pan with graham crackers. Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over crackers.
In 2qt saucepan combine butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until brown sugar is dissolved and butter is melted. Pour evenly over crackers and marshmallows.(I drizzled it over with a spoon) Sprinkle with almonds and coconut.
Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
***My notes: We added a whole bag of mini marshmallows....I think my jelly roll pan is bigger than hers was. I also doubled the butter, br sugar, cinnamon and vanilla since it was 'skimpy' when I poured it over the marshmallows.
We also melted about 1.5 cups of choc chips with 2 T veg oil and drizzled over the top.

1 comment:

  1. SOOO yummy! I liked them better without the almonds and coconut... But YUM!

    ReplyDelete