Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix

I found this recipe about 11 years ago and have been making it ever since. I use it in my taco soup recipe and in the seasoned pretzels recipe. We have also made it as the dressing for salad.

Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix

15 saltines
2 cups dry parsley flakes, minced
1/2 cup instant minced onion
2 tablespoons dry dill weed
1/4 cup onion salt
1/4 cup garlic salt
1/4 cup onion powder
1/4 cup garlic powder


Dump all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until completely powdered.
To use as dressing: combine 1 tablespoons dry mix, 1 cup of may & 1 cup of buttermilk.
Makes 42 1 T servings (1 T = 1 pkg)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Beth,

    Great blog post! I am definitely going to have to try that ranch recipe soon, thanks for sharing!

    I'm Hua, the Director of Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network. I've been searching the web for quality health blogs and am thrilled that I found yours. There is so much information here for people who enjoy cooking and learning new recipes. Wellsphere visitors find relevant content and answers to their questions in one place, without having to wade through hundreds of search engine results to find what they want. We provide the platform that allows over 6 million users a month to connect, network, and find quality information.

    I think your blog would be a really great addition to the healthy cooking Community. I invite you to join and find more information about us at http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger.

    Thanks for all the hard work you put into this! Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

    Best,
    Hua
    Director of Blogger Networks
    hua [at] Wellsphere [dot] com

    ReplyDelete