Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Grilled Sweet Potato Salad with Basil Vinaigrette

This is a different way to eat sweet potatoes. The recipe comes from my friend, Susan Katuin, in Green Bay, WI. I used the George Foreman grill to make this when I don't want to start the outside grill.

Grilled Sweet Potato Salad with Basil Vinaigrette

3-4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
1/2 c diced red bell pepper
1/4 c sliced green onion
1/4 c chopped flat leaf parsley

Basil Vinaigrette
1/4 c bottled light red wine vinegar and olive oil dressing
1T chopped Basil
2 t balsamic vinegar

Whisk together

Spray both sides of sweet potato slices with Pam. Grill on both sides until tender(I used a George foreman grill for this.) Cool slightly and cut into fourths. Combine all ingredients and serve warm or room temperature.

****I used Wishbone basil vinaigrette dressing this last week when I made this.

No comments:

Post a Comment