Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sour Cream Coffeecake

I made this on Sunday. I haven't made it in many years, but Don really likes it....he had 3 pieces for breakfast before church! The recipe comes from a teacher in Trevor, WI. I taught 1 year there before Jenna was born 18 years ago.


Sour Cream Coffeecake


2 sticks butter(softened)
1 1/2 c sugar
2 eggs

Cream these together and then add:
1 c sour cream
1 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1 t vanilla

Mix until smooth and add 2 c flour. Mix until smooth and fluffy. Spread half the mixture into a 9 x 13 greased pan.

Mix together:
2 c chopped pecans
1/2 c brown sugar
1 T cinnamon

Sprinkle 1/2 of nut mixture over the mix in the pan. Add the remaining batter over nuts and finish with the rest of the nut mixture. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. How am I supposed to lose weight when you keep posting scrumptious recipes like this?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    If I leave the nuts out of the recipe will it affect the recipe in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie....you can leave the nuts out and it will be fine. I have made it both with the nuts and without.

    ReplyDelete