Sunday, February 28, 2010

Lil' Cheddar Meatloaves

This comes from a Taste of Home magazine. It is one of the first recipes my girls made totally on their own. Everyone likes them.

Lil' Cheddar Meatloaves

1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
1 lb. LEAN ground beef
2/3 cup ketchup
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard

In a bowl, beat the egg and milk. Stir in cheese, oats, onion and salt. Add beef and mix well.

Shape into eight loaves; place in a greased 13x9" baking dish. (Line the dish with foil and spray with Pam for easy clean-up).

Combine ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard; spoon over loaves.

Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 45 minutes

5 comments:

  1. Those look so yummy! Will have to make these!
    Hope you have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please come to my house and cook for my family! They are tired of my frozen meals!!

    Hello. Fellow Texas Blogging Gal member here to let you know about a giveaway of my Snail Mail Notes. Notecards include Texas themes. You can see giveaway details at http://lonestarlifer.wordpress.com/2010/02/28/snail-mail-notes-giveaway/ and see my notes at www.snailmailnotes.com.

    LoneStarLifer
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your blog is delicious. Makes me wish I was more of a cook.

    Just stopped by from Texas Blogging Gals to say howdy.

    Blessings,
    Necel from the Old House in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm going to make these tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you all like them. I love to cook EASY things, so you don't have to be a gourmet cook to make these recipes!

    ReplyDelete