Saturday, February 13, 2010

Mexican Style Deep Dish Pizza

I am not sure where this recipe came from. I have made it for many years and it is easy to change up and add what your family likes in it. No one but me likes black olives, so I usually don't add those.

Mexican Style Deep Dish Pizza

3 pkgs(7.5 ounces each) buttermilk biscuits
1 1/2 c thick and chunky salsa, divided (We used taco sauce)
3 c shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/3 c chopped green pepper
1/3 c chopped green onions
1/3 c sliced ripe olives
1 garlic clove

Preheat oven to 375. Cut biscuits into quarters; place in large bowl. Stir in 1 c of the salsa, 2 cups of the cheese, pepper, onions, olives and garlic; mix well. Spread into greased 9x13 pan. Pour remaining 1/2 c salsa and 1 cup cheese over top. Bake 30-35 minutes. 9 servings

*****Beth's notes: I didn't have olives, peppers or green onions, so I used a yellow onion and used 1/2 can of chopped green chilies. I used my 9" deep dish baking/pizza dish. This is a great recipe that you can make as mild or as hot as you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment