Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mexican Beef Roast

This recipe comes from a friend, Patty, from church. It was WONDERFUL! We all loved it and Don thought it tasted like a steak burrito from Chuys restaurant. I put this all together on Saturday night and put it in the fridge. I took it out and put it in the crockpot at 7am on high. Done perfectly for us to eat at 1. Served it with chips and queso dip.

Mexican Beef Roast

1 3-5# beef roast--I used chuck
1 2 cup pkg dry pinto beans(washed and picked over)
1 can cream of mushroom soup(I used celery)
1 small can chopped green chilies
1 small onion chopped
2 cups water
salt and pepper
Put all ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low for 12 hours or high for 6 hours. The meat will be shredded by then. Mix all together and serve on tortillas.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds yummy! I have to try it! (Mocha With Linda sent me to your blog ages ago and I have been reading and gaining weight via my eyes.)

    quilldancer.com

    ReplyDelete