Sunday, March 7, 2010

Monkey Bread

Jenna has been hungry for this forever, so I made this last Saturday for breakfast. My mom made this while I was growing up. Easy and everyone likes it. It can be made without the butterscotch pudding.

Monkey Bread

2 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed
butter
cinnamon
sugar
butterscotch pudding, dry

Thaw the bread dough. I took them out Friday night and covered them with Saran wrap and let them sit all night. In the morning, cut the bread into about 32 pieces each.

Melt 1 stick butter. Mix cinnamon and sugar together with a package of butterscotch pudding. Drop each piece of bread dough in butter and then roll in cinnamon mixture. Put into a 9 x 13 pan or into a bundt or angel food cake pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. It will take about 10 minutes longer in a bundt or angel food cake pan.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I hope I don't gain weight just from reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth. ('Member me from GCN?) I followed your post on Carrie's FB here. Fun seeing your blog! Here's a thought for you: I use the frozen rolls instead of the loaves, so no cutting up! I'm all about "easy" when it comes to cooking! I also pour the butter/sugar/cinn/pudding mixture over the top of the frozen dough and let it sit overnight, then bake in the morning. Yours looks prettier though. Hope all is well in RR. ~Michelle Shocklee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm visiting from Mocha with Linda.

    This looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete