Sunday, April 4, 2010

Manicotti

I have been making this for 22 years. The recipe comes from Mary Kovach, who used to teach with my mom years ago. This is an easy recipe to prepare and can be made up ahead of time.

Manicotti

1 to 1 1/2 lb hamburger(uncooked)
1/2 c milk
2 slices white bread broken into small pieces
salt
pepper
parsley flakes
1/2 lb shredded mozzeralla cheese
manicotti noodles
Spaghetti sauce
tomato sauce

Mix all ingredients together and stuff manicotti noodles that you have cooked less time that package says. They should be tough.

Place in a baking dish(9 x 13) and pour a mixture of 1 jar of Ragu--or other spaghetti sauce and 1 small can of tomato sauce over stuffed noodles. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes. Can be prepared the night before and refrigerated until ready to bake.

3 comments:

  1. Howdy! I found you through Texas Blogging Gals! This recipe sounds fantastic! I've been married almost two years and am STILL trying to learn to cook, so I'm always excited to try new recipes :-). I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You say to mix all ingreds together, but you dont mean all the mozzarella cheese in the meat mixture do you? should some go in the meat and then some on top? Picture looks like it. Iwant to try this but dont want to do it wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will edit to add a bit of cheese to taste to the top. You DO mix the cheese in with the meat mixture and since my family loves cheese I add a sprinkling to the top

    ReplyDelete