Saturday, April 10, 2010

Oreo Dream

This recipe comes from my cousin, Kelly(Blair)Sprague. It is easy to make, light and you can make this with reduced fat Oreos and cool whip to make it less calories. I grated chocolate chips in the food processor in place of the large Hersey Bar--I knew I had one, but couldn't find it until AFTER I made this dessert this time. The chocolate chips worked out just fine.

Oreo Dream

1 cup milk
50 large marshmallows
4 egg yolks

Cook this until thick; cool.

16 oz cool whip, thawed
4 egg whites, beaten
1 large Hershey bar, grated

Mix this together and add to the marshmallow mixture.

Crush 1 bag of Oreos and add 1 stick melted margarine. Press all but 1 cup or so into a 9 x 13 pan. Top with the marshmallow mixture. Add reserved Oreos to the top. Refrigerate until ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment