Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Crusty Baked Potatoes

This is another 'keeper' from one of my Amish cookbooks. We decided that next time we will drizzle 1/2 stick butter over the potatoes before putting them in the oven. Jenna didn't eat with us the night we made them, but warmed them up later and loved them as leftovers.

Crusty Baked Potatoes
Cooking in Amish Country

6 medium potatoes
4 T melted butter
1/2 c cracker crumbs(we used a butter flavored)
1 tsp salt or favorite seasoning
pepper

Peel potatoes, wash and dry. Cut potatoes in half and roll in butter and then in seasoned cracker crumbs. Place in a greased dish and bake 1 hour at 350.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I cannot wait to make some of these. Bookmarking it for next week! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made these twice now. They are so delicious!! My new favorite potatoes. I featured them on my blog giving you all the credit!! I hope this is all right! Thanks for a new family favorite!!

    ReplyDelete