Thursday, July 15, 2010

BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad

This was THE best salad I have made in a long time. It was very filling. I made this for my husband and me and made individual plates. We made this again for Sunday lunch after telling my girls how good it was. We only used 1 can of beans for 6 plates. I think you could use thawed frozen corn or canned corn in place of the fresh sweet corn. The second time I made it I grilled 3 chicken breasts on the George Foreman grill before church and placed them in the fridge. I didn't use the tortilla chips the first time we made this--when I took the picture.

BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad
cjaneinthekitchen.blogspot.com
These proportions fed 5 adults and 7 kids with some leftover. Adjust quantities according to how many you are serving.

4 large chicken breasts, grilled ***I used left over Parmesan chicken from here.
3 hearts of romaine
5 fresh ears of corn, cooked, cooled and removed from cob
2 cans black beans
8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
3 avocados
4 Roma tomatoes
tortilla chips
your favorite prepared ranch
cilantro
1 garlic clove
1 lime
your favorite bbq sauce

For dressing, put 1 cup of ranch in blender with 1/2 bunch cilantro, juice of 1 lime and 1 garlic clove. ***Beth's addition: a squirt or two of bbq sauce

Grill chicken breasts, seasoning with barbecue sauce. Cool in fridge and cube.

Wash and chop romaine and toss with dressing. Arrange on platter or in a salad bowl, top with tomatoes, corn, beans, cheese, avocado, chicken and drizzle with bbq sauce. Top with some chips. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment