Friday, July 9, 2010

Grilled Sweet Corn

I love sweet corn on the grill. I grew up going to choir corn roasts to kick off a new year of church choir. We did this for July 4th---it was just me and Don here. Tasted and smelled like the county fair!

Grilled Sweet Corn
sweet corn
water
grill
Soak the sweet corn in the husks with the silk in it, in water for 4-8 hours. Start your grill and get it hot. Grill the corn for 45 minutes to 1 hour, turning frequently. Take it off the grill and using oven mitts, cut off the base end about 1/2 inch up. Take off the husks, spread with butter and salt and pepper. We like our corn to have a little "burn" on it.

1 comment:

  1. Love grilled corn! I used to do it in the husks, but now I just butter it and wrap it in foil. It's not quite as charred but still yummy!

    ReplyDelete