Friday, July 30, 2010

Yeast Bread

My mom got this recipe years ago from a teacher friend. It is very easy to make. I don't always use unbleached flour--unless I plan ahead and buy some for this recipe.

Yeast Bread
Cindy Oliver

2 T salt
4 T sugar
3 T butter

Heat 2 c milk with the above ingredients until butter is melted. Cool.

Dissolve 5 t (2 packages) yeast in 2 c warm water.

Mix the milk mix with the yeast mixture and Add 12 c unbleached flour(I use bleached flour when I don't have unbleached). Mix well and knead until smooth and satiny(about 5 minutes)

Let rise until double--about 1 hour(I turn the light on in my oven and put it in there). Punch down after 1 hour, shape into 3 loaves and put into loaf pans. Let rise 1 more hour. You can brush bread with warm water and sprinkle with poppy seeds or sesame seeds. Bake for 35 minutes at 350. Take out of oven and spread butter over tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment