Friday, August 6, 2010

Coconut Cake

I made this last weekend. It was very easy to make and tasted great. Similar to a chocolate cake with caramel that I make, but very refreshing. I kept it in the fridge and really liked it cold.


Coconut Cake
youmadethatblog.wordpress.com

1 box white cake mix
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 can real cream of coconut
1 8 oz. tub cool whip
1 pkg. frozen grated coconut(can use the regular not frozen type)

Mix cake mix according to package directions for 9X13 except substitute the liquid with buttermilk.***I used milk and added lemon juice to the milk. When cake is done let cool. After cooled poke holes in top of the cake with knife or fork. Mix sweetened condensed milk with coconut milk and slowly pour over the top of cake. Frost with cool whip sprinkle coconut on top. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Serves 12.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Beth thank you thank you thank you for posting this. I had this recipe years ago and I lost it! :-) I can't wait to make it!!! Perhaps I will get the stuff tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like this cake and posted about it, thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made this twice now! yum!! One week I actually lost weight because I kept eating this cake and nothing else lol!!! Now the second time I made it I added some imitation rum to the cake mix then I added 1/2 container of the whipped cream cheese to the cool whip THEN I sautéed crushed pineapple in butter with brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg with about 1/4 tsp of rum extract and tossed in roasted macadamia nuts to pour over it. Let.me.tell.you....it was good! :-)

    ReplyDelete