Sunday, September 5, 2010

Bottoms-Up Cake

My friend Janet gave me a cookbook from a Methodist church in Missouri. This recipe comes from there. It seems strange to to the frosting on the bottom....it kind of caramelizes when it bakes and turns hard--so flip the cake immediately. I like this best served warm with ice cream.

Bottoms-Up Cake

1 can ready to spread fudge frosting(I used Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Fudge chip)
1 c chopped walnuts
1 pkg. devils food cake mix
1 1/4 c water
1/3 c oil
3 eggs

Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan. Spread frosting in bottom of prepared pan. Sprinkle nuts over frosting.

In a large bowl, blend cake mix, water, oil and eggs. Beat 2 minutes on high. Pour over the frosting and nuts. Bake for 40-50 minutes until til toothpick comes out clean. Immediately invert onto a serving plate(I used a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet). Serve warm or cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment