Friday, September 10, 2010

Cajun Sausage and Red Beans

I threw this together on Tuesday, AFTER the realtor called to cancel our showing because it was raining. Did she know we were already out of the house with the cat and dog in the van? I used leftover red beans that I made a week ago in this recipe. I cooked it on high for 4 hours since I got a late start making this.


Cajun Sausage and Red Beans
Miss Annie food.com

1 lb smoked sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
1 can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
1 cup green bell peppers, chopped
1 small onions, chopped
1/4 cup chicken broth or 1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons italian seasoning
Tabasco sauce, to taste ( or serve on the side)

Combine all ingredients in crockpot.
Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours.
May be served over cooked rice, if desired, or as a thick and zesty soup

No comments:

Post a Comment