Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

This is my favorite zucchini bread recipe. It comes from my friend, Janice Schulz from Racine, WI. I doubled the recipe so I have 3 loaves in the freezer!

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 c sugar
1 c oil
3 tsp vanilla
3 c flour
2 c. grated zucchini
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp baking powder
1 (3 oz) box instant chocolate pudding
½ c coconut
½ c chocolate chips
½ c nuts

Beat eggs until light. Add sugar, vanilla and oil; mix well. Stir in zucchini. Sift flour, salt , baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Blend with creamed mixture. Fold in coconut, dry pudding, nuts and chocolate chips. Put in 2 loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. When cool you can sprinkle with powdered sugar.

***Beth’s notes. I don’t usually put coconuts and nuts in mine—even though I usually am the only one eating it and do like those!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, definitely need the nuts! And coconut sounds good too!

    ReplyDelete