Sunday, October 31, 2010

Paula’s Green Dip (Chuy’s jalapeno ranch dip)

Don came home from work after a Boss's day luncheon saying he'd had a dip that was 'just like Chuy's'. I asked him if he got the recipe for me. He had already asked the guy for it! :-) That's my man! This IS just like Chuy's restaurant. My other recipe doesn't call for the tomatillo sauce and I think that is what makes the difference!

Paula’s Green Dip (Chuy’s jalapeno ranch dip)
Christopher Casias(from Dell)

1 bunch cilantro, washed
¼ cup canned jalapenos with a little juice
2 packages Ranch Dip mix
½ cup buttermilk ( I added lemon juice to regular milk)
3 cloves garlic
1 cup tomatillo sauce (salsa verde)
2 c sour cream
2 c mayonnaise

Blend following ingredients in blender: cilantro, jalapenos, Ranch dip mix, buttermilk, garlic and salsa verde
Add mayonnaise and sour cream and blend again.



  1. We love that Chuy's dip. I'll have to try this.

  2. Can you tell me how many servings this makes? I was thinking about making this for my family Christmas but didn't know if I should double. Thank you! I absolutely LOVE Chuy's so I am excited to try this!

    Can you also give me a more specific measurement on the cilantro as well. Thank you!

  3. This makes a good size batch--would feed a crowd for sure. You buy cilantro by the 'bunch'. Down here we can get it for $.29 each. If you get it another way, a HUGE handful works just fine.

  4. My family likes this recipe better than chuys. I use 3 fresh JalepeƱos and I use the entire garlic bulb. Makes your breath like a dragon, but it's awesome!

  5. Honestly I can't believe this recipe doesn't have more views or comments. I've seen dozens of copycat recipes online and even the picture is the closest in consistency and look to the real deal. Nice job! And honestly, this needs more views. Maybe it is good nobody else really knows about this so I can keep it a secret and all to myself. :)

    1. Thanks for your kind comments. This is a favorite!