Monday, October 11, 2010

SPINACH CON QUESO

This didn't get as creamy as I had hoped. The original poster said everyone loves this. I used Queso Fresco Mexican cheese....maybe I should have used Queso Blanco??? Not sure. It was good, but seemed to be missing something.

SPINACH CON QUESO
Jude ths.gardenweb.com

2 C. Queso cheese , shredded
2 or 3 Jalapeno peppers, chopped (I use 3)
1/2 C. half and half
1/3 C. onion, chopped fine
1 t. cumin
salt to taste
1/2 box thawed, chopped spinach, drained, squeezed and chopped
2 T roasted red pepper, chopped

Heat all ingredients over low heat in the top of a double boiler, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Makes about 2 cups

1 comment:

  1. Yum. Makes me think of Houston's (the restaurant, not the city!) spinach dip. Theirs also has a bit of artichoke.

    ReplyDelete