Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Baked Potato Bread

I put this bread in the breadmaker about an hour before a house showing last week. I was hoping the smell of fresh baked bread would entice them to buy the house.....no such luck. This was VERY good--Don even thought so! I thought the crust was a bit hard, but I cooked it on the rapid bake cycle. Next time I will try a longer bake cycle.

Baked Potato Bread
taste of home bulletin board
1 1/2 Pound Loaf

3/4 cup warm water
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon oil, optional
3 tablespoons bacon bits, (I used 3 pieced of cooked bacon, chopped)
3 cups bread flour
1 1/2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons potato flakes
3 tablespoons chives, freeze-dried
2 teaspoons yeast, fast rise
-or-
3 teaspoons active dry yeast(Beth used this)

Add ingredients according to particular bread machine. Bake using the white or rapid bake cycles.

This dough can be very dry so resist the urge to add water

1 comment:

  1. I'm interested to know where you are moving.

    Nothing smells better than bread while it's baking!

    ReplyDelete