Thursday, November 18, 2010

Crockpot Potato Chowder

I made this on Monday . I cooked it on high for about 4 1/2 hours. The potatoes weren't getting done(in my hot crockpot, no less) so we took the potatoes out and microwaved them. I put the potatoes back and used my hand blender to puree the potatoes. Next time I will cut the potatoes smaller. We didn't have bacon, so topped the soup with cheddar cheese. It was a creamy soup and very good.

Crockpot Potato Chowder

6 cups of diced, peeled potatoes (dice them small so they cook faster)
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
5 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 can Cream Of Chicken soup
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1(8 oz.) package cream cheese
1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled, optional

Warm up chicken broth and pour into crockpot. Whisk in cream cheese and Cream Of Chicken soup. Add potatoes, onion, and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for approximately 5 hours or until potatoes are tender. Take a potato masher and mash a few of the potatoes. Garnish with bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment