Thursday, December 16, 2010

Chili's® Salsa

We love Chili's salsa and this is RIGHT on. We loved it and since Jenna doesn't care for chunks in her salsa, I am sure she will love this one.


1- 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
3 tablespoons canned diced jalapenos
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 cup diced Spanish onion

Combine all ingredients except onion. Process on high speed until the tomatoes are nearly pureed, yet still chunky and there are visible bits of minced jalapenos. Be careful not to over-process.

Pour the mixture into a bowl and add the sliced onion. Stir well, cover refrigerate overnight to develop flavors.

Makes 2 cups.

Adjust the amount of jalapenos to match your taste. Three tablespoons will be pretty spice so use less for a milder salsa and more if you really like the "heat".

2 comments:

  1. Wow - did you figure this out on your own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, I don't like chunks in my salsa either. I really have not found a grocery store salsa that I like. I now make this recipe any time I want salsa. Good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete