Monday, December 27, 2010

Heaven's Delight

My mom had this when we got to her house. I hadn't had it in years. It was so good and pretty at Christmas time. The recipe is from an old church friend when I was growing up.

Heaven's Delight
Dorothy Arndt

Crust
1 c flour
1/2 c butter
2 T sugar

Cut butter into flour and sugar. Press into a 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 for for 10 minutes. Cool.
Mix well with a mixer:

8 oz cream cheese
1 c powdered sugar

Fold in 1 c Cool Whip.(You will need at least 12 oz cool whip for the whole recipe ) Spread on top of crust.

Mix

2 pkg instant pistachio pudding
2 1/2 c milk

Spread over the cream cheese mixture. Cover with remaining Cool Whip. Sprinkle with chopped nuts. Refrigerate overnight.

1 comment:

  1. I like this old recipe...I've made it with chocolate...and when I could still get coffee pudding, I would make mocha. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete