Monday, December 13, 2010

HONEY WHOLE WHEAT BREAD

I made this bread to go with the split pea soup from yesterday. Loved this bread. Makes great toast. I have an Oster bread maker and this recipe(with the 6 c of flour) gave it a run for its money, but it worked ok. I will make this recipe often.

HONEY WHOLE WHEAT BREAD
Annie from ths.gardenweb.com

3 cups all purpose flour
3 cups whole wheat flour
2 pkg. active dry yeast (4 ½ tsp.)
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup butter
1 egg

Melt butter and pour into bread machine with the water, milk, honey and egg. Add both flours and put the yeast and salt on top.

Process on dough cycle,***take out right before the 1st rise. Put in bowl and let rise for 1 hour. Take out and shape into dinner rolls or loaves. Let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes for rolls or 25-30 minutes for loaves.

Yield: 2 loaves or 24-36 rolls, depending on size
***This is what Beth did. I think next time I will try to let it go through the first rise in the bread maker. I was very nervous since there was 6 c of flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment