Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Mock Wendy's Chili

I made this and another spicy chili this past week. It was spicy enough with just 1 can of green chili's. Thought it tasted like the real thing.

Mock Wendy's Chili
Betterthanburgers.com

2 lb. ground beef, cooked and drained
1 can (29 oz) tomato sauce(I used crushed)
1 can red beans with liquid
1 can pinto beans with liquid
1 onion, diced
1-2 can green chili
3 tomatoes, diced
2 t. cumin
3 T. chili powder
2 t. pepper
2 t. salt
1 c. water (or 2 if you like your chili a little more soupy)

In a crock pot/slow cooker combine ALL ingredients. Mix well and cook on low for 6-8 hours, stirring periodically. (I cooked mine on low for 4-5 hours and then turned my crockpot onto "warm" and let it stay there until I served it.) Serve hot with grated or diced cheese and saltine crackers.

*for an added ZIP to your chili add 1-2 seeded jalapenos, diced into small pieces.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good! I'll have to give it a try, especially since we're headed for some really cold weather next week!

    ReplyDelete