Monday, January 24, 2011

Kibbles and Bits

This recipe is one of the first recipes in my file from almost 24 years ago when Don and I got married. It is also known as Puppy Chow. Jenna made this to take back to school with her. I think we used 2 boxes of Chex and that is the reason why not all the cereal is coated.....guess that means you can eat more! :-)

Kibbles and Bits
1 12 oz box crixpix(or rice chex)
1 12 oz pkg chocolate chips
1 stick butter
3/4 c cream peanut butter
2 c powdered sugar
Mix the choc chips, butter and peanut butter together and melt in a double boiler or in the microwave. Pour this over cereal that has been put in a big bowl that can be covered(original recipe says to put in a paper grocery bag) Put about 1/2 c powder over the cereal mix. Put lid on and shake. Continue to add powdered sugar until all cereal is covered.

2 comments:

  1. LOL - the name of this made me laugh and reminded me of the old commercials with the dogs running excitedly toward their Kibbles 'n' Bits!

    BTW, the Amish Sweet Bread the other night was a huge hit! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished mine... It was a sad day in 319C

    ReplyDelete