Friday, February 25, 2011

Cheese Stuffed Burgers

These are very moist burgers--with all the vegetables in them. My hubby said, "This is very good" so I consider this a keeper! I took the picture before cooking on the George Foreman grill.

Cheese Stuffed Burgers
bakingserendipity.blogspot.com

1- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1/2 red pepper, diced
1/2 green pepper, diced
1 slice of a large red onion, diced ( I used about 1/4 c chopped)
1 large handful of spinach, de-stemmed and chopped
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
garlic powder, salt and pepper to season
6 cubes of sharp cheddar cheese (I used sliced colby)

Chop vegetables. Place in a bowl with ground beef. Add oil and seasonings and, using your hands, mix well to combine. Set aside. Cut six cubes from a block of sharp cheddar cheese.
Form patties with the cheese blocks in the center. Grill to desired doneness.

1 comment:

  1. I am loving seeing your recipes/cooking! I came to you via Jenn Poland. We are kinda neighbors. I live in Liberty Hill and my parents live in Hutto. Everything you post looks SO GOOD! I will be trying some of your good stuff soon!

    ReplyDelete