Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Strawberry Bread

I got this recipe years ago--at least 19--before Jenna was born from a good friend in Racine, WI. Cool whip is the 'secret' ingredient. Love this. I made a double batch after we picked strawberries last week. It freezes well.

Strawberry Bread
Jeaneen Acklam

1 c chopped strawberries
3/4 c sugar
2 c flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1?2 c butter, melted
2 eggs
1 1/2 c cool whip, thawed

Combine strawberries and 1/4 c of the sugar. Combine remaining sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Add butter, eggs and strawberries to the flour mix. Stir until moistened. Fold in the cool whip. Pour into greased 9x5 loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 1 hr or until done. Cool 5 minutes, remove from pan and cool. Freezes well after completely cooled.


***I bake it at 325 for 1 hour and 15 minutes. I also sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over top of loaf before baking.

1 comment:

  1. Great recipe! Both my kids loved it - very much like a pound cake texture. I would add a 1/2 cup more of strawberries next time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete