Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Out Of This World Party Mix

I found this recipe on the taste of home bulletin board. I used my 18 qt Nesco roaster to cook this in. As you can see, it filled it all the way up! This makes a whole lot of mix, so I froze a ziploc bag full--I read somewhere that it stays fresh in the freezer which makes sense since I put bags of potato chips in there, too. This is a tasty snack!
Out Of This World Party Mix
taste of home bb

(1) 12 Ounce Box Crispix Cereal (10 Cups)
(1) 13-15 Ounce Box Honey Graham Or Golden Graham Cereal (8-9 Cups)
(2) 12.25 Ounce Bags Bugles (7-8 Cups)
(1) 12.5 Ounce Bag Pepperidge Farm Goldfish (4-5 Cups)
(1) 14-15 ounce Bag Pretzels (9-10 Cups)
(2) 15-17 Ounce Cans Mixed Nuts (5-6 Cups)
(2) 1 Ounce Packages Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
(2) Bottles Orville Redenbacher Popcorn Oil (12 Oz ea)

Dump the first six ingredients into a VERY LARGE roaster. Mix the dressing mixes and popping oil in a small bowl. Pour over ingredients. Bake uncovered at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. This makes a huge amount, so you have to have a large roaster to make it in the first place.....or find something large to mix in and use two pans to bake in!

3 comments:

  1. Momma, you are making me very hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Snack mix is a must-have in our house. Very interesting idea to use popcorn butter oil instead of a flavorless canola/vege oil. I like that idea! I'd love for you to add this to the Hump Day Hoorah link party. I hope to see you there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fact that this has Bugles in it makes it an automatic winner!

    ReplyDelete