4 strips bacon
1 cup long grain white rice
2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes with Green Chilies
1 onion, chopped fine
1 small green pepper, chopped fine
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon butter
1. Fry bacon in skillet until browned.
2. Remove from skillet, crumble, and set aside.
3. Do not remove bacon grease from skillet!
4. Melt butter in skillet and add onion, pepper and garlic.
5. Sauté until onions are translucent.
6. Add the Rotel Tomatoes with Green Chiles and chicken broth and simmer approximately 5-10 minutes.
7. Add the rice, cover and simmer approximately 20 minutes.
8. Crumble bacon on top and serve.