Monday, April 4, 2011

Stuffed Italian Bread

My friend, Lori from Green Bay, WI, found my blog and sent me this recipe. Since I haven't been cooking while Don was out of the country, I knew I needed to start and this was perfect. I served this as a main course with salad and we all liked it.
Stuffed Italian Bread

Lori Glodoski


1# Italian sausage

1/2c. onion, chopped

1/2c. green pepper, chopped

4 oz. can mushrooms, sliced & drained

8 oz. cream cheese, cubed

1/4 c. water

1/4 tsp. oregano

1/4 tsp. garlic salt or powder

1 loaf French or Italian bread

8 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded


Preheat oven to 400 degrees Brown sausage & drain. Add onion, green pepper & mushrooms. Cook until tender. Add cream cheese, water & seasonings. Stir over low heat until cream cheese melts.

Cut bread lengthwise. Scoop out centers. Sprinkle with cheese. Fill with meat mixture & top with remaining cheese. Place on cookie sheet. Bake 10 min.

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I definitely want to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna try this recipe tomorrow when my daughter comes home after 6 weeks of holiday. She wants something light and easy after a 6 week long bagpacking- holiday! Thank you for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete