Sunday, June 5, 2011

Bread Maker Hamburger Buns

And yet another hamburger bun recipe! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my bread maker and am always looking for new recipes for it. This recipe makes 18 buns--if you have shredded beef or pork, these would be perfect. For 1/3 pound burgers, I would make 12 buns out of this recipe. I made half of them with sesame seeds. We all loved them.
Bread Maker Hamburger Buns
By DotM on Food.com

1 cup water
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
2 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
1 egg
1 tablespoon water
 sesame seeds

Add ingredients in order listed, except for the egg and 1 T. water that is for the egg wash later.

Select dough/pasta setting when cycle is complete, remove dough from machine to a lightly floured surface.

Divide dough into 3 equal portions, divide each portion into 6 balls. Turn balls in hands folding edge under to make a circle.  Press ball flat between hands.

Place on greased cookie sheet pressing to a 3 1/2 inch circle.  Let rise 30 minutes or until double in volume.

Combine 1 slightly beaten egg with 1 tbsp. water and brush on buns.  Sprinkle with sesame seeds.

Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until lightly brown.

1 comment:

  1. These look so good! I found your site through Google - sounds like a spammer haha! I love my bread machine and I am always looking for new recipes :) I am your newest follower! When I try these, I will let you know - and give you credit :)

    Jen
    www.dishesandsocks.com

    ReplyDelete