i have been having a good time with my new donut pans! Jenna just fell in love with these! This recipe makes a lot.
Mini Chocolate Baked Donuts with Chocolate Glaze
1 3/4 cups cake flour***2 1/2 T cornstarch and then add all purpose flour to make 1 3/4 c
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 Tbsp butter
2 tsp. corn syrup
1. In large mixing bowl, whisk together cake flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt. You want to get rid of any lumps of flour.
2. Add buttermilk, eggs, oil and vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix gently until just combined. Place the batter into a ziploc freezer bag and snip a small piece off the corner of the bag to create a pipping bag or just use a pipping bag.(Beth just used a spoon to spoon it in)
3. Spray your donut pan or donut maker with a light coat of non-stick cooking spray. Carefully pipe the batter into the donut maker or donut pan. If using a donut pan pipe enough batter into each well to fill halfway. If using a donut maker pipe into the bottom half of the preheated maker completely filling each well. Be careful to not let the piping bag touch the hot donut maker.
4. Cook the donuts according to donut pan directions(5-7 minutes and then let sit in pan for 4 minutes to cool)
5. Place the glaze ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 20 second intervals, stirring after each one until the ingredients are all melted and combined well. This will take about 3 – 20 second intervals.
6. Dip top half of donuts in glaze and place on a baking sheet to allow glaze to set. Sprinkle with sprinkles if desired right after dipping. Make about 58 mini donuts