Monday, June 27, 2011

Rhubarb Dream Bars

This recipe comes from my newest Amish cookbook. It went together very quickly and tasted JUST like a rhubarb pie. It was wonderful! Will sure make this again as soon as I have a kitchen again!
Rhubarb Dream Bars
Mary Etta Yoder

Crust:
2 c flour
2 c powdered sugar
1 c butter

Filling:
4 eggs
2 c sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4 c chopped rhubarb

Cut crust ingredients together and press into a 9 x 13 pan.  Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.  Meanwhile, mis filling.  Beat eggs, sugar and salt.  Fold in rhubarb and spread over crust.  Bake an addtional 20-25 minutes. ***Beth had to bake for a total of 40-45 minutes until it was set.   Cut into bars.

5 comments:

  1. I will need to try this. I made something very similar last night (and many times before) for our block party. Mine has a glaze of sour cream, sugar and vanilla as well. This one is different but similar. Anything with rhubarb is great to me... SMILE...

    Just getting back into blogging so I am so glad I found yours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good! Very happy I picked this recipe. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made this today. It stuck very badly in the pan so either grease & flour the pan or use parchment paper. also the rhubarb is sour little bits in the filling. Needs to be cooked & cooled before mixing with the egg mix. this is not very good as written. Sorry,I really wanted to like it as I do like rhubarb. I'll try it again with tweaks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you had problems with this. I never have. Parchment paper would make it "stick free'. Rhubarb IS sour but that is why there is 2 c of sugar in the recipe

    ReplyDelete