Monday, April 2, 2012

On the Border Salsa Recipe--Copycat

Since I am pretty much out of my home canned salsa, I have been looking for recipes to make fresh. This is a great recipe and makes quite a bit. I used it in my crockpot fajita recipe and just to eat on chips or in guacamole. Jenna thought it was better than the restaurant!
On the Border Salsa Recipe--Copycat
Internet
2 large Roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped                                                 
2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes (Mexican style)                                                 
2 jalapenos, seeded and coarsely chopped                                                 
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon cumin, to taste                                                 
4 cloves garlic, minced                                                 
1 large vidalia onion, coarsely chopped                                                 
1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste                                                 
1/3 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped                                                 
1/2 teaspoon cayenne, to taste     

Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pulse until blended.                                         

1 comment:

  1. I am going to try this out tonight, Robert a hot sauce master said I should roast my peppers and garlic before I blend them, he said it will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete