|Potato Cheese Yeast Rolls|
1 egg1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter cut into small pieces
1/2 cup well-seasoned mashed potatoes
2/3 cup milk
3 cups bread flour
2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Add egg, sugar, salt, butter, and mashed potatoes to bread-machine pan.
- Heat milk 1 minute and 30 seconds in microwave on HIGH. Pour over other ingredients already in the bread machine to warm them and melt the butter.
- Add bread flour and then yeast.
- Select the dough cycle and start.
- When finished, remove dough from pan to floured surface. Assemble as follows: (see pictures above)
- Roll into a rectangle about 1/2 inch thick. (I make it as big as my silicone baking mat.)
- Sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Starting with long side, roll into a cylinder the same way you would do cinnamon rolls.
- Divide cylinder in half with dental floss. Slice each half in half again. Now slice each quarter into 3 equal slices.
- Place each slice, cut side up, into a well-greased cup of a muffin tin.
- Use scissors to make 4 equally-spaced vertical snips into each layer of the rolls.
If you make the night before:
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Take out 2 to 2-1/2 hours before you want to eat and set on the counter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 19-20 minutes.
To eat right away:
- Cover with a tea towel and allow rolls to rise. They don’t need to double–just rise about a third again the size they were originally. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 19-20 minutes.