Triple Peanut Butter Streusel Bars
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup butter
1/2 cup chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
1 cup peanut butter-flavored pieces and/or semisweet chocolate pieces
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, cut up
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 - 3 teaspoons milk
1. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan; set aside.(Beth just used Pam)
2. For crust: In a large bowl, combine oats, the 1 cup flour, the 1-1/2 cups brown sugar, the 1 teaspoon baking powder and the 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. Using a pastry blender, cut in the 1 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Remove 1 cup of crumb mixture to reserve for topping. Stir peanuts and peanut butter-flavored pieces(Beth used Nestles Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Morsels) into the 1 cup reserved topping mixture; set aside.
3. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of prepared baking pan. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes. Cool at least 15 minutes in pan on a wire rack.
4. In a medium saucepan, heat the 1 cup brown sugar, the 1/4 cup butter and peanut butter over medium heat until butter melts and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly. Cool slightly. Stir in egg and vanilla. Stir in the 1-1/4 cups flour, the 1/2 teaspoon baking powder and the 1/4 teaspoon baking soda. Drop in very small mounds evenly over the crust in pan. Sprinkle with reserved topping mixture.
5. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack before lifting from pan using edges of foil and cutting into bars.
6. For icing: In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and enough of the milk to make an icing of drizzling consistency. Drizzle icing over bars. Makes 32 bars.