Thursday, July 5, 2012

Michael Symon's Coleslaw

While my parents were here in June, we went for lunch at the Grist Mill restaurant in Gruene(pronounced green) TX. Don had coleslaw there that had jalapenos in it. When I saw this recipe, I had to try it. He liked it, but thought it was more tangy than the restaurant version.

Michael Symon's Coleslaw
http://beta.abc.go.com

1/2 head Napa Cabbage (shredded)Beth used coleslaw mix
1/2 Garlic Clove (minced)
1 Cup thinly sliced Red Onion
1/2 Jalapeno (seeds and ribs removed/minced)
3 Tablespoons Champagne Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1 Tablespoon Spicy Mustard
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/2 bunch Cilantro (chopped)

Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.

1 comment:

  1. I nominated you for an award on my blog today some by and check it out. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete