Friday, September 14, 2012

Fresh Peach and Almond Bread

I love almond flavoring so when I saw this recipe, I KNEW I would love it. It was great! My only complaint was the topping tended to fall off when I took the bread out of the pan. Other people said to push the topping down before baking, but it still fell off. That didn't stop me from eating most of the small loaf. Don ate 1/2 a loaf once he tasted it! I may add some butter to the topping next time to see if that holds it in place. 5 stars on this one!

·        FRESH PEACH AND ALMOND BREAD
    Posted by Carole/c3clark...Taste of home bb

CINNAMON ALMOND TOPPING:
1/4 c. sugar
1/2-1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. finely chopped, toasted almonds

BREAD:
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 c. sour cream
1 tsp. almond extract
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. chopped peaches, fresh or frozen
1/2 c. chopped, toasted almonds

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Combine topping ingredients in a small bowl; mix well and set aside.
Beat the first 6 ingredients together until blended; stir in the remaining ingredients until dry ingredients are just moistened. Do not over mix.
Divide batter between 4 greased and lightly floured mini loaf pans; sprinkle tops with Cinnamon Almond Topping. (The next time I make this, I would press the almonds lightly into the top of the bread so that they have a better chance of adhering to the bread while it's baking.)
Place pans on a cookie sheet and bake @ 325 degrees for 45-50 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow to cool in pans for 15 minutes; remove from pans and continue cooling on a wire rack. Make 4 mini loaves.

 

2 comments:

  1. So as soon as I saw this I knew I was making it today. I made a double batch, it hasnt been out of the oven an hour and 3 loaves are gone btwn me the DH and the 3 boys. I was feeling good about my muffin top downsizing yesterday, today I am sure I will be hoofing it a little harder around the block once this bread is gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I did add about half a stick of butter to the topping and had no problems wiht it falling off. Also, I left the almonds out of the bread batter bc of the baby and we didnt miss them.

    ReplyDelete