Sunday, December 16, 2012

White Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispies

I wanted to take a treat in for my boys at school last week. I had all the ingredients to try these. I am so glad I made these--they are great. I love the lightness the marshmallows add. I have given up using white chocolate chips to melt. They NEVER melt for me. I prefer the melting chips or the almond bark. Teachers at school loved these, too.

White Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispies
adapted from http://www.plainchicken.com

2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
2 cups dry roasted peanuts
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 cup peanut butter
2 pounds white chocolate chips (2 12-oz packages plus 1 1/3 cup)  Beth used almond bark 24 oz

In a large bowl, combine cereal, peanuts and marshmallows. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and peanut butter on High for 1 minute and then in 30 second intervals until fully melted. Stir chocolate into cereal mixture. Mixture will be slightly runny. Drop by tablespoons onto waxed paper. Let set until firm, 2 hours. Store in an airtight container.


****Beth used almond bark or candy coating since white chocolate chips never melt for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment