Tuesday, February 19, 2013

German Chocolate Bars

I needed a quick and easy dessert to serve to guests one night. This fit the bill and tasted great. Be care to not over bake these. I did cut them before they cooled all the way and am glad I did. I think they would be too hard to cut after sitting in the refrigerator!

GERMAN CHOCOLATE BARS


 

1 - 18 oz. box German chocolate cake mix

2/3 c. cold butter

1 c. (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips

1 (15 oz.) can coconut-pecan frosting

1/4 c. milk

Preheat oven to 350. Place cake mix in bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. {I like using my pastry blender for this step). Press 2-1/2 c. into greased 9" x 13" x 2" baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes; immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Drop frosting by tablespoons over the chips. Stir milk into the remaining crumb mixture; drop by teaspoons over top.

 
Bake 25 - 30 minutes longer or until bubbly around the edges and top is cracked. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate for 4 hours before cutting. Yield: 4 dozen

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment