Saturday, February 9, 2013

Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls

I used my sourdough starter to make these. I took the starter out the night before I was going to make these and 'fed' it.(or you could do this in the morning and mix these up after dinner) Then I let it sit out on the counter all night to ferment. I put these together mid day and let them rise all night. I got a jelly roll pan(that I took to school for my boys and the teachers) and this pan, too. Everyone said these were great!

Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls


Dough:

1 cup sourdough starter
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 1/2 cup warm water
1 tablespoon salt
4 cups bread flour(Beth used 5 cups)
2 cups whole wheat flour(Beth used 1 cup)

Filling:

2 sticks butter(Beth used 1 stick)
2 cups sugar(Beth used 1 cup)
6 tablespoons cinnamon

Glaze:

4 cups powdered sugar(Beth used 2 cups)
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 tablespoons milk

  1. Mix first 7 ingredients, cover with wax paper and let rise until doubled in size (approximately 12 hours)(Beth put in warm oven for 1 hour). Punch down and divide into 2 equal parts.
  2. On a floured surface roll out one part of dough to 9x13 size.
  3. Spread onto dough one-half stick of butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1. tablespoons cinnamon.
  4. Roll up and cut into 1 inch wide sections. You should get 12 to 14 sections out of each roll.
  5. Place sections into greased 9x13 pan.
  6. Repeat with other half of dough. This recipe makes approximately 24 rolls (two 9x13 pans). Let rise 8 to 10 hours (or overnight). Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and top immediately with 1/2 of the glaze mixture for each pan.
  7. Glaze: Mix powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment