Sunday, March 10, 2013

Gnocchi in Parmesan Garlic Sauce

Hello there! I'm Jenna, Beth's daughter, coming over from Jenna's Journey to share a new recipe I recently found. I'm so excited to be doing a guest post while my mom is out of the country! My sister and I are away at college near Oklahoma City, which makes it difficult to cook as much as we are used to! We came across gnocchi the other day while we were grocery shopping so we decided to try to cook with it--dorm style! Kathleen and I both commented on how simple it was to make and how yummy it turned out!
Gnocchi in Parmesan Garlic Sauce
My Life as a Mrs. 

1 pound gnocchi (or other pasta)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
2 cloves garlic, grated (Jenna's notes: we probably used a little more!)
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup cooking liquid (Jenna's notes: I saved and used nearly 1 cup)
fresh cracked pepper and salt to taste

Cook the gnocchi according to the package instructions, salting the water. Be sure to reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the garlic and saute for 1 minute (stirring constantly). Add the cooked and drained gnocchi, top with Parmesan, and cooking liquid. Stir until nice and creamy. Reduce head to a low simmer and allow the liquid to reduce (about 3-4 minutes). Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. It was very good! Thanks for sharing the recipe with your auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yum! That looks sooo delicious Jenna & Kathleen! I can't wait to make it.

    ReplyDelete