Monday, April 15, 2013

Aunt Dorothy's Brisket

I made this a few days before Easter for the girls to take back to college. I was looking for the recipe and was shocked that I hadn't posted it before. We have been making this since before Kathleen was born 18 years ago. We had a family reunion where my mom's sister, Dorothy made this and we all fell in love. I sliced this with an electric knife and found out it is better to have one larger last piece than to cut your finger!

Aunt Dorothy's Brisket
The meat is very tender and you can cut it with a fork.


4-5 lbs beef brisket
onion
chicken bouillon
garlic cloves



Slit the beef in various places and insert garlic cloves on both sides. Sprinkle with chicken bouillon granules. Slice one onion and put in cooking bag. Lay the prepared brisket on top of the onion. Marinate in refrigerator over night. Add one cup of water before cooking. Cook for 3 hours at 350. Cool. Slice against the grain. Reheat slowly for 1-2 hours.(Beth usually does this in the crockpot on low for 4-5 hours)

1 comment:

  1. I'm really enjoying looking around your blog....this sounds & looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete