Magic Turtle Bars
· 2 cups crushed vanilla cookies (I used imitation Vanilla wafers)
· 1/2 cup butter melted (1 stick)
· 2 bags semi sweet chocolate chips
· 1-2 bags Kraft Caramel Bits
· 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
· 1 cans sweetened condensed milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly spray or grease a 9 x 13 pan.
3. Combine crushed cookies and butter till combined and cookie crumbs are moist. Spread evenly in bottom of pan, pressing down to form a crust.
4. Now start layering the rest of the ingredients. 1 bag chocolate chips, caramel bits, pecans (save out about 1/4 cup for the top), second bag of chocolate chips, remaining pecans.
5. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over the entire pan, make sure to cover all the nooks and crannies.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, just until milk begins to turn golden. Let cool completely before cutting.
7. Store in airtight container. If you choose to refrigerate these bars, bring them back to room temperature before eating.